Registered, fuelled, driven.
Things to do:
- Swap doors with other white Alto
- Swap tailgate with other white Alto
- Get rear ‘seat’ re-trimmed with later style colours
- Install boost gauge on steering column
- Rebuild/swap steering rack
- Install new outer tie-rods (Chinese ones still haven’t left China..)
Ordered 2 sets of outer tie-rods from a Chinese company for possibly both Altos.
Total cost delivered matches cost of 2 genuine ones – undelivered.
If I’m unimpressed with the quality I’ll only use them on RSR550 and go genuine for RSR660
Update: Enquired about order status; received refund due to parts NLA
- 1x 77831-71B50-M69 – Front/Rear ‘Works RS/R Fulltime 4WD’ Decal
- 1x 11955-73B50 – F5B Emissions Decal
- 1x 11955-64D03 – F6A Emissions Decal
Made my most expensive order to date with Streeter.
Soon to be on its way from Japan:
New outer tie-rods and a rack rebuild will mean a complete new front suspension setup
- 4x 11686-85501 – Engine Mounting Pad/Cushion
- 4x 11684-85501 – Engine Mounting Pad/Cushion
- 4x 11685-85000 – Engine Mounting Washer
- 2x 84618-60D01 – Windscreen Stopper
- 2x 09148-05018 – Windscreen Spacer Second
- 1x 84751-70B00-5PK – Door Mirror Blank-off (Outside)
- 1x 84756-70B00-5PK – Door Mirror Blank-off (Outside)
11685-85000 —> 11685-79J00
Far right pic: New Suzuki Sport for other alto, some local alto, old Suzuki Sport shock, new KYB
Have now installed the new KYBs,
Managed to chop the stubborn rusty bolt off with a angle grinder, reasonably confident the thread is still decent for the new bolt.
Of course I then realised the springs don’t match each other so will have to replace them with a set from the spare Alto,
So this one now has CP21S front seats (blue with wings),
Looking at putting rears in, but the CP21 mounting has changed;
Not sure whether to try and get CP21 covers modified for my spare CM11V set – or keep the CM11V set original to sell
Will be getting new rear shocks installed soon,
Just getting over a cold, then gotta get work out how to cut the lower shock bolt out – rusted completely in the crush tube.
- 5x 01550-08303 – Viscous Housing Bolts
- 2x 48541-82H10 – Steering Rack Bushing
- 6x 69571-60D01 – Tailgate Hinge Packing
- 3x 09381-33002 – Rack End Bush Circlip
- 8x 09117-08070 – Axle>Diff Bolts, 8×19
- 6x 48114-73B00 – Steering Wheel Pad Clips
01517-08303 —> 0155008303 —> 01550-0830B
Acquired some Recaros off gumtree – the same style as I had in my turbo Lancer Wagon.